Apache OFBiz is an open-source ERP system written in Java and built on a suite of enterprise applications that integrate and automate many of an enterprise's business processes. It supports business cases for CRM (Customer Relationship Management), E-Business / E-Commerce, SCM (Supply Chain Management), and MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning).
The main advantage of OFBiz is that it comes with a set of pre-built components for standard ERP functionality, and complex ERP infrastructure is already in place and ready to use out of the box. Organizations can leverage these pre-built components to get an ERP system up and running quickly without developing everything from scratch.
Some of the main pre-built components and features in OFBiz include:
Accounting - General ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing, expense management. Provides capabilities for managing finances.
Manufacturing - Bills of materials, work orders, manufacturing scheduling, routing, and costing. Supports manufacturing operations.
Inventory Management - Warehouse and inventory management, cycle counts, inventory transfers. Handles inventory and fulfillment.
Catalog Management - Product catalog, catalog browsing, price management. Enables e-commerce storefronts.
Human Resources - Organizational model, positions, compensation, recruiting, benefits, employee self-service. Automates HR processes.
Order Management - E-commerce and brick-and-mortar sales, returns, exchanges, and tax calculation. Manages order-taking and fulfillment.
Content Management - Content creation, review, publishing, site management, and menus. Handles content and websites.
Framework - Common infrastructure, logic, services, APIs, and utilities. Foundation services.
Technical Usage Manual
1. After subscribing to the AMI go to the launch instance and configure the required details i.e., Name, Instance type, Keypair, and Network Setting, and Configure Storage and launch the Instance
2. After launching the instance successfully, Go to the EC2 Dashboard click on Elastic IPs, and select Allocate Elastic IP Address, and Allocate
3. Select the newly created Elastic IP and choose Associate Elastic IP Address.
4. Choose your newly launched running instance and click Associate. Please stop the instance and restart it
5. Copy the Public IP of your instance
6. Replace "Public_IP" in the URL and open the URL in your default web browser:
7. The Login Page appears
Enter the User Name as admin
Enter the Password as BEqwzlc6OE8m
8. After the Login your application page looks like this and you are ready to configure the ERP application you want
Enable HTTPS (optional)
1. To Enable HTTPS connect your EC2 terminal using SSH
Example: ssh -i "Your.pem"firstname.lastname@example.org
2. RUN the Command
sudo sed -i 's/^port\.https\.enabled=N/port\.https\.enabled=Y/' /usr/local/apache-ofbiz/framework/webapp/config/url properties
You can now access Apache ofbiz on HTTPS
Insights & Support:
For further details about Apache OFBiz and its uses, refer to the ofbiz. apache.org website
We will do our best to respond to your questions within the next 24 hours in business days. For any technical support or query, you can drop a mail to email@example.com.
Check our other Containerized Cloud-Native application stacks as EKS, ECS, Cloud Formation, and AMI - Amazon Machine Images in AWS Marketplace.